Looking for a great way to give back to the environment… Start a garden club at your school!
The steps are easy to take, just a gather an eager group of environmentalists, or those willing to try something new, and head into the great outdoors.
The steps are easy:
- Have a reliable adult sponsor the club, and alert the school of your intentions
- Find an authorized, neglected tract of land near your school
- Have an adult and trusted students survey the area and do an initial clean-up, removing and fallen branches, broken glass, and any other objects that would be detrimental to a healthy garden
- Gather designated school club funds, fundraise, or ask for local community sponsorship
- Gather seeds and gardening tools, and find an experienced gardener to aid in the process
- Plant flowers, vegetables, and other plants that would flourish in your area
- Do research on different techniques and tips for gardening
- Overall, creating a nurturing environment to to form a strong bond with nature
Tips for Gardening:
- get rainwater bins and collect rainwater for the garden